Dr. Alok Kumar joined as Assistant Professor cum Jn Scientist in the department of Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Bihar Veterinary College, BASU, Patna. He completed graduation from NTR. College of Veterinary Science, Gannavaram (Sri Venkateshwara Veterinary University) in 2013 later on joined MVSc. From College of Veterinary Sciences (Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura). He is pursuing Ph.D. from Animal reproduction Gynaecology and Obstetrics discipline, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal. Dr Kumar has started his professional career as Teaching Associate at IPVS, DUVASU, Mathura for a period of 2 years.
Area of Specialization:
- Veterinary Obstetrics
- Reproductive Surgeries
Five best Research articles:
- Alok Kumar, Atul Saxena1, Anuj Kumar1 and Mukul Anand. 2018. Effect of Cooling Rates on Cryopreserved Hariana Bull Spermatozoa. Journal of Animal Research: 8 (1): 149-154.
- Alok Kumar, Atul Saxena and Mukul Anand Evaluation of Acrosomal Integrity and Viability in Bull Spermatozoa: Comparison of Cytochemical and Fluorescent Techniques. International Journal of Livestock Research. 9(2), 69-77. doi: 10.5455/ijlr.20180703050159
- Mukul Anand, Sarvajeet Yadav, Alok Kumar, Shalini Vaswani and Pankaj Shukla. Effect of Dilution and Sperm Concentration on Post Thaw Semen Quality in Barbari Buck. Journal of Animal Research: 8 (4): 587-592.
- Mukul Anand, Sarvajeet Yadav, Alok Kumar, Shalini Vaswani and Pankaj Shukla. Kinematic response of sperm in different segments of goat epididymis. Journal of Animal Research: (Accepted
Other publications: (Numbers only)
|National Symposium / Conference / Semina/Workshop (attended / participated)||:||16|
|Book chapters written||:||05|
Members of Professional Societies
- Indian Society for the Advancement of Canine Practice
- Society for promotion of farm and companion animals
- Indian Society for the Study of Animal Preproduction
- Animal Physiologist Association
Honours and Awards
- Member of anti ragging (proctorial) committee during 2nd and 4th year B.V.Sc. & A.H. (two times).
- Member of student teacher council in 3rd and 4th yearV.Sc. & A.H. (two times).
- Received National talent scholarship during B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- Neomec project siksha award for securing highest OGPA in B.V.Sc. & A.H. at college level
- Secured first place in photography competition conducted during two days workshop on “Use of digital tools for teaching and research” on 9 & 10th January 2020 at BASU, Patna
- Certificate of Apreciation by Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Bihar Animal Sciences University Patna