|Name||:||Dr. D. Sengupta|
|Address||:||Assistant Professor Cum Junior Scientist
Department of Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
I started my professional career as Research Fellow in the NFBSRA project entitled, ‘Endocrine profiles and characterization of candidate genes influencing prolificacy in black Bengal goats’ in West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences from 2007-2010. In this project Black Bengal goats in different districts of West Bengal were investigated in relation to morphometric parameters and ultrasonographic studies of ovary. Thereafter, I joined as Research Fellow in the RKVY project on ‘Development of a model for sustainable backyard poultry farming in West Bengal’ in West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences from 2010-2011. Profitability of different models of backyard poultry farming adopted in villages of different districts of West Bengal were investigated. Thereafter I joined as Research Fellow in AICRP on Integrated Farming System in Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Mohanpur from February 2011 to November 2011. In this project I had to gather baseline data of contribution of livestock sector to farmer’s income in relation to fisheries and agriculture sector in different agro-climatic zones of West Bengal. I joined Bihar Veterinary College in the post of Assistant Professor cum Junior Scientist in the department of Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Bihar Veterinary College, Patna on 11th November 2011. My current area of interest is the treatment and management of post-partum uterine infection in bovine apart from UG/PG teaching and extension activities.
Area of Specialization:
Bovine and Canine Infertility and Obstetrics
Five best Research articles:
- Sengupta, D., Basu, S and Mazumdar, D. 2011. Blood progesterone level during estrous cycle in Garole ewes and the luteolytic effect of oxytocin administered on different days of estrous cycle, pregnancy and diclofenac sodium mediated extended luteal phase. Indian Journal of Animal Research 45(2): 95-101.
- Sengupta, D and Nandi, P. R. 2013. Effect of estradiol, vitamin A, E and selenium treatment with varying sexual rest period on recovery rate in cross-bred cows with chronic endometritis. Veterinary World 6(2): 106-108.
- Pan, S., Biswas, C. K., Majumdar, D., Sengupta, D., Patra, A., Ghosh, S. and Haldar, A. 2015. Influence of age, body weight, parity and morphometric traits on litter size on prolific Black Bengal goats. Journal of Applied Animal Research 43(1): 104-111.
- Sengupta, D., Das, P. K., Batabyal, S., Mazumdar, D. 2011. Length of progesterone exposure influencing the timing of luteal regression and maternal recognition of pregnancy (MRP) in Garole ewes (Ovis aries). Indian Veterinary Journal 89(9): 75.
- Sengupta, D and Sheetal, S. K. 2020. Low blood albumin and cholesterol levels affecting the conception rate of cross-bred cows with Ovsynch protocol. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 9(8): 1-6.
Other publications: (Numbers only)
|Scientific / Research articles||:||24|
|National Symposium / Conference / Seminar/Workshop (attended / participated)||:||06|
|Book chapters written||:||–|
Members of Professional Societies
The Indian Society for Study of Animal Reproduction (ISSAR)
Completed Research Projects:
Title of the Project
|Efficacy of certain immunomodulation in therapeutic management of endometritis in Buffalow.||2 years||State Plan||
PI: Dr. C. S. Azad
Co-PIs: Dr. D. Sengupta