Department of Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Area of Specialization:
- Food safety
Five best Research articles:
Anjay, S.C. Das A. Kumar, P. Kaushik and B. Kurmi (2013). Detection of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from saltwater fish samples by Vp-toxR PCR. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 60 (1): 141–143.
Anjay, S.C. Das, A. Kumar, P. Kaushik and B. Kurmi (2014). Occurrence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in marine fish and shellfish. Indian journal of Geo-marine Science. 43 (5): 887-890.
Anjay, S.C. Das, A. Kumar, P. Kaushik and Savita Kumari (2016). Pathogenic and pandemic Vibrio parahaemolyticus detection in fish and shellfish isolates. Indian journal of Geo-marine Science. 45(9): 1195-1198.
Abhishek, B. Kumar, Anjay, A.K. Mishra, C. Prakash, A. Priyadarshini, M. Rawat (2018). Immunization with Salmonella Abortusequi phage lysate protects guinea pig against the virulent challenge of SAE-742. Biologicals. 56: 24-28.
Purushottam Kaushik, Anjay, Savita Kumari, Shanker Dayal and Sunil Kumar (2018). Antimicrobial resistance and molecular characterisation of E. coli from poultry in Eastern India. Veterinaria Italiana, 54 (3): 197-204.
- Research article: 29
- Review article: 03
- Popular article: 07
- Books authored: 00
- Book chapters written: 01
Members of Professional Societies
- Indian Association of Veterinary Public Health Specialists
Ongoing Research Projects:
Title of the Project
Year of Start
|1.||FIST Programme-2016||2016-17||Ministry of Science and Technology, Gov. of India||Co-PI|
|2.||Outreach programme of zoonotic diseases||2017-18||ICAR, New Delhi||Co-PI|
|3.||Assessment of Moringa oleifera as fodder.||2018-19||BASU, Patna||Co-PI|
|4.||Isolation and characterization of bacteriophages targeting food borne pathogens from sewage samples of livestock farm.||2019-20||BASU, Patna||PI|
|5.||Metagenomic analysis of chicken gut microflora and its modulation by supplementation of tanins and virginiamycin.||2019-20||BASU, Patna||Co-PI|
|6.||Colorimetric detection of E. coli, Streptococcus spp. and Staphylococcus aureus isolated from mastitis milk samples by optical biosensing using oligonuceleotide- Gold Nanoparticles.||2019-20||BASU, Patna||Co-PI|
|7.||Collaborating centre under Indian Network of Fisheries and Animal Antimicrobial Resistance (INFAAR).||2020-21||BASU, Patna||Co-PI|
Honours and Awards
- Junior Research Fellowship Award (2008-10) by ICAR, Pusa, New Delhi.
- Dr. S.P. Singh Best Research Award (2012) by Indian Association of Veterinary Public Health Specialists (IAVPHS).
- Best oral presentation award (2014) by IAVMI.
- Best Poster presentation award (2015) by Indian Association of Veterinary Public Health Specialists (IAVPHS).
- Best Poster presentation Award (2015) by National Academy of Veterinary Science (NAVS).
- Best Researcher Award (2016) by Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour-813 210, Bhagalpur, Bihar.
- Best Poster Presentation Award (2018) by Society for Agricultural Innovation and Development, Ranchi & BASU, Patna.