|Name||:||Dr. Mritunjay Kumar|
Department of Veterinary Medicine,
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Area of specialization:
- Renal failure and its management in canine
- Hepatobiliary dysfunction in canine
- Ultrasonography in small animals
- Haemoprotozoan diseases in cattle and small animals
Five Best Publications:
- Sarma, K., Nachum-Biala, Yaarit, Kumar, M. and Baneth, G. (2019). Molecular investigation of vector borne parasitic infection in dog in North East India. Parasites and Vectors. 12:122. Sarma, K., Sarvanan, N., Kumar, P., Kumar, M., Jadav, R. K.., Mondal, D. B. (2014).
- Influence of haemato-biochemical and oxidative incidences of post parturient haemoglobinurea (PHU) in buffalo. Buffalo Bulletin, 33(4):343-346.
- Singh, S. K., Dimri, U., Sharma, M.C., Swarup, D., Kumar, M. and Tiwari, R. (2012). Psoroptes cuniculi induced oxidative imbalance in rabbits and its alleviation by using vitamin, A, D3, E and H as adjunctive remedial. Tropical Animal Health Production, 44(1):43-48.
- Sarma, K., Saravanan, M. Mondal,,D. B. and Kumar, M. (2014). Influence of natural infection of Toxocara vitulorum on markers of oxidative stress in Indian buffalo calves. The Indian journal of Animal Sciences, 82 (10).:503-506.
- Kumar, M., Debnath, J., Debbarma, A. and Lalrinkima, H. (2022). Molecular prevalence of tick-borne haemoprotozoan diseases in cattle of North Eastern state of Tripura, India, J Parasit Dis., https://doi.org/10.1007/s12639-022-01540-z
- Total Research article: 60
- Popular article: 09
- Book author: 02
- Book chapters: 03
Members of Professional Societies:
- Indian Society of Veterinary Medicine
- Indian Society for the advancement of Canine Practice.
- Indian Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Research.I
- nstitutes of Scholars (InSc)
A. Completed Research Project
|Title of Research Project||Duration||Funding Agency||PI/Co-PI|
|1.||Molecular detection of tick-borne haemoprotozoan parasites and evaluation of acaricidal properties of herbal preparations against its vector ticks in cattle of Tripura||2015-2018||SERB, DST, GOI||PI|
|2.||To study efficacy of keeto-guard liquid (herbal ecto-parasiticidal & fly repellent) in clinical cases of ectoparasitic infestation in ruminants||2014-2015||
Ayrvet Ltd., Solon
B. Ongoing Research Project : NIL
Honours & Awards:
- KVAFSU Merit Scholarship for B. V. Sc. & A. H.
- ICAR- Junior Research Fellowship for Medicine (2005)
- ICAR -Senior Research Fellowship for Ph.D in Medicine (2009)
- IVRI- Best Student Award (2011)
- ISVM- Best Poster Award (2008)
- InSC-Research Excellence Award (2022)
- K-Nine NGO Honour (2019)