|Name||:||Dr. Purushottam Kaushik|
|Address||:||Assistant Professor & Head
Department of Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Area of Specialization:
- Zoonotic diseases and Food safety
- Antimicrobial resistance
Five best Research articles:
- P. Kaushik, D.K Singh, A.K Tiwari and R. S. Kataria. (2006). Rapid detection of Brucella species in cattle semen by PCR. J.Appl. Anim. Res. 30: 25-28.
- P. Kaushik, D.K Singh, S.V kumar, A.K Tiwari, G Shukla, S. Dayal and P. Chaudhuri. (2010). Protection of mice against Brucella abortus 544 challenge by vaccination with recombinant OMP 28 adjuvanted with CpG oligonucleotides. Vet. Res. Commun. 34: 119-132.
- P. Kaushik, D.K Singh, S. Dayal, B. Kumar, P. Kumar and P. Chaudhuri. (2011). Effect of CpG oligonucleotide in the immune response of 28 KDa outer membrane protein of Brucella. J. Appl. Anim. Res. 39: 57-60.
- P. Kaushik, Anjay, S. Kumari, S. Dayal, S. Kumar. (2018). Antimicrobial resistance and molecular characterization of E. coli from poultry in Eastern India. Veterinaria italiana. 54 :197-204.
- A. Pathak, D. Kumar, A. Kamboj, J. Sharma, M. Shukla, A. U. Kumar, N. Karabasanavar, P. Kaushik, S.P Singh. (2018). Mutations in DNA gyrase and topoisomerase genes linked to fluoroquinolone resistance in Salmonella Typhimurium of animal origin in India. Journal of global antimicrobial resistance 15, 268
Members of Professional Societies
- Indian Association of Veterinary Public Health Specialists
- Association of Public Health Veterinarians
Title of the Project
Year of Start
|1.||AICRP-ADMAS||2017-18||ICAR, New Delhi||Co-PI|
|2.||Outreach programme of zoonotic diseases||2017-18||ICAR, New Delhi||Co-PI|
|3.||Isolation and characterization of bacteriophages targeting food borne pathogens from sewage samples of livestock farm.||2019-20||BASU, Patna||Co-PI|
|4.||Collaborating centre under Indian Network of Fisheries and Animal Antimicrobial Resistance (INFAAR).||2020-21||Currently funded by BASU, Patna||PI|
Honours and Awards
- Junior Research Fellowship Award (2002-04) by ICAR, Pusa, New Delhi.
- Travel grant from DST to attend World Buiatrics held in Santiago, Chile
- Best Poster Presentation Award (2018) by Society for Agricultural Innovation and Development, Ranchi & BASU, Patna.
- Best Poster (3rd) presentation award (2019) by DBT in one health India conference.
- Attended International Training at University of Florida, USA.