|Name||:||Dr. Rohit Kumar|
Department of Dairy Business Management
Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Dr. Rohit Kumar is an Assistant Professor in Department of Dairy Business Management at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology, Patna. Prior to join SGIDT, Patna, he has worked one year as a Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and more than five years as a Research Associate (RA) at ICAR-National Institute for Agricultural Economics and Policy Research, New Delhi. He has received his Master’s and PhD degrees in the field of Agribusiness Management from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi. Dr. Kumar has published 16 research papers in SCOPUS/ABDC/NAAS indexed reputed national and international journals, Two policy paper/policy brief, more than 12 book chapters. Dr. Kumar has also contributed in Doubling Farmers Income Reports submitted to the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India. His research interest lies in the areas of Market intelligence, Agricultural Trade and Price Transmission.
Area of specialization:
- Agricultural Trade and Price Transmission
- Time Series Analysis
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management and International Trade
Five Best Publications:
- Saxena, R., Raman, M.S., Srivastava, S.K., Khan, M.A. and Kumar, R., (2023). Does India need a different rice ecosystem to harness the export advantages and manage the virtual water exports? Current Science, 124(4).
- Kumar, R., Mishra, S., Gautam, Y., Kalia, A., Panigrahy S., (2022). Indian Potato Markets Linkage and Impulse Response of Price Shocks. Agricultural Mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America, 53(7), 9485-9491.
- Saxena, R., Singh, N.P., Paul, R.K. and Kumar, R., (2019). Market linkages for the major onion markets in India. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 76(1), 133-140.
- Saxena, R., Kumar, A., Singh, R., Paul, R.K., Raman, M.S., Kumar, R., Khan, M.A. and Agarwal, P. (2022), Examining export advantages in Indian horticulture: an approach based on product mapping and seasonality. Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies. DOI: 10.1108/JADEE-12-2021-0310
- Saxena, R., Paul, R.K. and Kumar, R., (2020). Transmission of price shocks and volatility spillovers across major onion markets in India. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 33(347-2020-1414).