|Name||:||Dr. S. K. Sheetal|
|Address||:||Assistant Professor Cum Junior Scientist
Department of Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
I have been working in the department of Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Bihar Veterinary College, Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna, since November, 2019 till date in the post of Assistant Professor cum Junior Scientist.
Experience: Worked as Hospital Registrar (Animal Reproduction Gynaecology and Obstetrics) in the Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complex, Nagpur Veterinary College, Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur, Maharashtra from 31/03/2016 to 16/11/2019. About 4 Years of Teaching and Research Experience in the field of Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics.
Area of Specialization:
Embryo Transfer and In-Vitro Fertilization
Five best Research articles:
- S. K. Sheetal*, S. K. Choudhary, D. Sengupta 2014. Mineral deficiency predisposes occurrence of retention of placenta in crossbred. Veterinary World. 7(12): 1140-1143.
- N. K. J. Pandey, H. P. Gupta, Shiv Prasad and S. K. Sheetal 2016. Plasma progesterone profile and conception rate following exogenous supplementation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin, and progesterone releasing intra-vaginal device in repeat-breeder crossbred cows. Veterinary World, 9(6):559-562.
- S. K. Sheetal*, Shiv Prasad and H. P. Gupta 2018. Effect of insulin or insulin-like growth factor-I administration atmid-luteal phase of the estrous cycle during superovulation onhormonal profile of Sahiwal cows. Veterinary World, 11(12): 1736-1741.doi: 10.14202/vetworld.2018.1736-1741.
- S. K. Sheetal*, Shiv Prasad and H. P. Gupta 2019. Changes in Biochemical Profile of Superovulated Sahiwal Cows through Hormonal Manipulation at Mid Luteal Phase of Estrous Cycle. Journal of Animal Research 9(1):167-172.
- D. Sengupta and S. K. Sheetal* 2020. Low blood albumin and cholesterol levels affecting the conception rate of cross-bred cows with Ovsynch protocol. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 9(8): 1-6.
|Scientific / Research articles||:||25|
|National Symposium / Conference / Semina/Workshop (attended / participated)||:||16|
|Book chapters written||:||4|
Members of Professional Societies
- Life member for Indian Society for Study of Animal Reproduction (ISSAR, Reg. No.– 2410).
- Life Member for Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine (ISVM, Reg. No. B-968)
Honours and Awards
- Gold Medalist in M.V.Sc. (Animal Reproduction Gynaecology & Obstetrics).
- Qualified Senior Research Fellowship (SRF with Fellowship) conducted by ICAR New Delhi (2014).
- Inspire Fellow during Ph.D. Programme by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) 2014 & 2015 conducted by ASRB, New Delhi.
- G. B. Singh memorial award (Young Scientist) in 2018 for best paper by Indian Society for the Study of Animal Reproduction (ISSAR).
Any other Information:
- Associate Editor in Open Access Journal of Veterinary Science & Research (OAJVSR), ISSN :2474-9222
- Reviewer in International Journal of Microbiology Research ISSN:0975-5276 EISSN:0975-9174