Area of Specialization :
- Stress biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
Five best Research articles:
- Ajeet Kumar, Gyanendra Singh, B.V. Sunil Kumar, S.K. Meur (2011). Modulation of antioxidant status and lipid peroxidation in erythrocyte by dietary supplementation during heat stress in buffaloes. Livestock Science 138: 299–303.
- V. Sunil Kumar, Meena Kataria and Ajeet Kumar (2011). Amelioration of heat stress by feeding electrolytes, Ascorbic acid and zinc in buffaloes. Buffalo Bulletin Vol.30 (4):229-239.
- Brijesh S. Yadav, Vijay Tripathi, Ajeet Kumar, Md. Faheem Khan, Abhijit Barate, Ajay Kumar and Bhaskar Sharma. (2012). Molecular modeling and docking characterization of Dectin-1 (PAMP) receptor of Bubalus bubalis. Experimental and molecular Pathology. 92: 7-12.
- Parthasarathi Behera, V. H. Muhammed Kutty, Ajeet Kumar and Bhaskar Sharma (2016). Changing the Codon Usage of hfq Gene has Profound Effect on Phenotype and Pathogenicity of Salmonella Typhimurium. Current Microbiology.72(3): 288–296
- Anil Gattani, Arti Pathak, Ajeet Kumar, Vaibhav Mishra and Jitendra Singh Bhatia. (2016). Influence of season and sex on hemato-biochemical traits in adult turkeys under arid tropical environment. Veterinary World Pp-530-534.
Honours and Awards
- Recipient of Institutional- JRF award during Post Graduation at ICAR- IVRI.
- Recipient of ICAR- SRF award during PhD at ICAR- IVRI.
- Recipient of CSIR- JRF award
- Best Paper presentation at 28th International conference of IAVMI
- 2nd Best Poster Presentation Award at 36th National Symposium of ISVM
- Best Paper presentation at 4th National Seminar of SVBBI
- Best Poster Presentation Award at 4th National Seminar of SVBBI
Members of Professional Societies
- Society of Veterinary Biochemists and Biotechnologists of India
- Animal Physiologist association
Completed Research Projects:
|Sl. No.||Title of the Project||Duration||Funding agency||PI/Co-PIs|
|1.||Blood Profiling During Transition Period in Cross Bred Dairy Cattle and Their Association with Milk Production||3 Years
|BAU, Sabour||PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar
Co-PI: Dr. Anil Gattani
|2.||Evaluation of Blood Biochemical Profile in different parasitic infection in ruminants||3 Years
|BAU, Sabour||PI: Dr. Anil Gattani
Co-PI: Dr. Ajit Kumar
|3.||Radiographic and Sonographic screening of cardiac, hepatic and urinogenital diseases of canine||1 Years
|BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|4.||Comparison and development of standard protocol of oestrous synchronization in anoestrous buffaloes||2 Years
|BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
Ongoing Research Projects:
|Sl. No.||Title of the Project||Year of Start||Funding agency||PI/Co-PIs|
|1.||DST FIST Programme – 2016||2017||D.S.T, New Delhi||PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|2.||National Agricultural Higher Education – Innovation Grant Project||2018||ICAR,New Delhi||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|3.||Establishment of Embryo Transfer Technology Centre||2019||D.A.D.F, GOI||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|4.||Biofabrication of gold nanoparticles and its antiproliferative effect in cell line||2018||BASU, Patna||PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|5.||Colorimetric detection of E. coli, Streptococcus spp. and Staphylococcus aureus isolated from mastitis milk samples by optical biosensing using oligonuceleotide- Gold Nanoparticles||2019||BASU, Patna||PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|6.||Formulation and Evaluation of Area Specific Mineral Mixture on the performance of Dairy Cattle and Buffaloes.||2018||BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|7.||Radiographic and Sonographic screening of cardiac, hepatic and urinogenital diseases of canine||2018||BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|8.||Assessment of Moringa oleifera as a fodder plant||2018||BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|9.||Metagenomic analysis of chicken gut microflora and its modulation by supplementation of tannins and virginiamycin||2018||BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|
|10.||Isolation and characterization of bacteriophages targeting food borne pathogens from sewage samples of livestock farm||2018||BASU, Patna||Co-PI: Dr. Ajeet Kumar|