|Name||:||Dr. Jui Lodh|
Department of Dairy Technology
Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Dr. Jui Lodh is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Dairy Technology of Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology (Bihar Animal Sciences University), Patna. She has more than four years of experience in teaching, research, extension and one year experience in Dairy Industry. She did her graduation and post-graduation in Dairy Technology from West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Mohanpur, Nodia, West Bengal in 2009 and 2011 respectively. She completed her Ph.D. degree in the discipline of Dairy Technology from ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal in 2017. During her Ph. D, she developed the “Technology for preparation of curcumin enriched ghee” which was transferred to M/S Brahmin Foods, Vengalloor, Idukki, Kerala -2022. After completion of her Ph. D degree she worked in Lactalis-Prabhat, Shrirampur, Maharashtra for one year and worked as assistant professor-cum-junior scientist (Dairy Technology) in Phulo-Jhano Murmu College of Dairy Technology (Birsa Agricultural College) in Jharkhand for four years. She is a life member of various societies like Indian Dairy Association, New Delhi; Dairy Technology Society of India, Karnal etc. Her areas of interest are traditional Indian milk products, functional foods, composite foods and other formulated milk and milk products. She has attended various National and International conferences/seminars/symposium and presented technical papers and posters. She has received “First Best Paper” Award in 48th Dairy India Conference, 2020, “Third in Poster Presentation” in 48th Dairy India Conference, 2020, “Second Best Paper” award in 47th Dairy India Conference, 2019. She has published more than 10 (peer reviewed NAAS rated) research paper in various reputed International and National journals and about 13 technical/popular articles in magazine/Journals/Souvenir and 5 book chapters. She is actively participated in numerous academic programmes, such as extracurricular activities and sports and others organized by the institution.
Area of specialization:
- Traditional Indian milk products
- Functional foods,
- Composite foods
- Formulated milk
- Milk products
Five Best Publications:
- Lodh, J., Khamrui, K. and Prasad, W.G., 2018. Optimization of heat treatment and curcumin level for the preparation of anti-oxidant rich ghee from fermented buffalo cream by Central Composite Rotatable Design. Journal of food science and technology, 55, pp.1832-1839.
- Lodh, J., Khamrui, K. and Prasad, W.G., 2022. Preparation of curcumin fortified buffalo ghee. Indian Journal of Dairy Science. 75 (1), pp.11-16.
- Lodh, J., 2017. Characterization of Quality Attributes Of Market Samples of Chhanabara of Berhampur City. Chemical Science Review and Letters, 6, pp.890-894.
- Lodh, J. and Khamrui, K., 2017. Evaluation of physico-chemical changes in Curcumin fortified buffalo Ghee during storage at 30±1 C. IJCS, 5(2), pp.141-144.
- Debnath, A., Kanawjia, S.K., Khetra, Y., Lodh, J., Singh, B., Bansal, V. and Nigam, R., 2018. Effect of processing parameters on quality attributes of cream cheese. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 71(1), pp.7-12.
Membership of Professional Societies:
- Life Member, Dairy Technology Society of India, Karnal
- Life Member, Indian Dairy Association (IDA), New Delhi.
Honours and Awards:
- Technology for preparation of curcumin enriched ghee” was transferred to M/S Brahmin Foods, Vengalloor, Idukki, Kerala -2022
- First Best Paper Award in 48th Dairy India Conference, 2020
- Third in Poster Presentation in 48th Dairy India Conference, 2020
- Second Best Paper award in 47th Dairy India Conference, 2019