|Name||:||Dr. Y. S. Jadoun|
|Address||:||Department of Dairy Extension Education
Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology
Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna-800014
Dr. Y. S. Jadoun, presently working as Associate Professor in the Department of Dairy Extension Education, Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology (SGIDT), at Bihar Animal Sciences University (BASU), Patna (Bihar).
He served approx. 09 years as Assistant Professor (Veterinary Extension) at Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU), Ludhiana (Punjab) and regularly involved in teaching, research, and extension activities.
He has published research and review papers (50 Nos), chapters in a book/compendium (20 Nos.), extension articles/folders/bulletin (80 Nos.), Authored Book (01 No), edited training manuals (15 No.), UG Practical Manual (02 Nos), Developed of 01 Mobile App (Pig Farming), Video tutorials for UG teaching (02Nos), contributed in development of MOOC on Pig Farming (01 No). He has participated and organized various animal welfare camps/field days/exposure visits (48 Nos), scientist-farmer-interactions (45 Nos), Frontline Demonstrations (FLDs) and On Farm Trials (20 Nos.). He has guided 05 M.V.Sc. students as Major Advisor, 05 M.V.Sc. students as Co-Advisor and 01 Ph.D. as Co-Advisor.
He has presented 25 Nos of research papers/invited lectures/ posters in seminars, conferences, symposia, workshops and got 06 best oral/poster presentation awards, 03 Best Thesis Awards to his students , Best Research Paper Award (01 No) by Society for Technology, Environment, Science and People, Kozhikode, India. He got “Young Scientist Award (02 Nos.)”,“Young Achiever Award, Plaque and Citation for the year 2018” “Excellence in Extension Award-2020” “Scientist of the Year Award-2021” , Membership Award (2022) of National Academy of Veterinary Sciences (NAVS), New Delhi. Best Exhibition Stall Awards (03 Nos.). Awarded “Life Member of the Honorary Board (SADHNA, H.P.)”
He regularly involved in UG & PG teaching courses, participation/organization of Pashu Palan Melas (14 Nos.), regional and district level Kisan Melas (20 Nos.), Conferences/seminars/symposiums (>50 Nos.) and actively involved in the adoption of villages (15 Nos.) under KVK Barnala and (06 Nos) under Farmer FIRST Project. He has been nominated as member of various committees (>100 Nos) and screening committees at college and university level and as an External Examiner/Evaluator (>35 Nos.) in the various exams conducted by GADVASU & other Veterinary Universities. He also worked as Principal Investigator in ICAR funded Farmer FIRST project (>180 lacs), on “Integrated approaches for livestock development: Farmer’s Context”, Co-Principal Investigator in Punjab State Council for Science and Technology (PSC-ST) funded project (Rs. 50.00 Lacs). Co-Principal Investigator of “Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Project on Skill Registry for Dairy Farmers (51.08 lacs)” under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), Government of India. He delivered more than 200 Nos. of extension/expert lectures in various training programs and extension activities organized on and off campus.
He remained Coordinators/Co-coordinators in more than 135 Nos. training programs organized by the KVK, Department of VAHEE and Directorate of Extension Education, GADVASU. I have been Editorial Board Member of 03 Nos. of National Livestock Magazines (Poultry world, Livestock Technology and Pashudhan Praharai), Member of Editorial Board of the ‘International Journal of Farm Sciences’ and Associate Editor in ‘Livestock Extension Journal’ and Member of scientific advisory board of International Journal of Livestock Research.
He has been regularly involved in farmers’ consultancy/advisory services and appointed as Nodal Officer of KVK Portal and Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav (MG-MG) Scheme of ICAR, New Delhi (till Feb 2023), Warden University Guest House (Sep 2018 to Feb 2023), Officer-Incharge for providing inputs for GADVASU e-Newsletter and also performing additional responsibility to work in the Directorate of Extension Education to look after the routine work of Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), Regional Research and Training Centers (RRTCs) and Directorate of Extension Education of the University.
Five best Research articles:
- S. Jadoun, S.K. Jha, Pragya Bhadauria and Rajiv Kale (2017). Analysis of constraints faced by beneficiaries of Integrated Murrah Development Scheme (IMDS) in Haryana. Buffalo Bulletin. 36 (1), 2017: 207-213.
- S. Jadoun, S.K. Jha, Pragya Bhadauria, Rohit Gupta and Ruchi Singh (2017). Constraints faced by Animal Husbandry (A.H) Officials in the Implementation of Integrated Murrah Development Scheme (IMDS) in Haryana State, India. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 51(5) 2017: 944-947.
- S. Jadoun, SK Jha, Pragya Bhadauria and Rajiv Kale (2015). Impact of “Integrated Murrah Development Scheme” on dairy farmers of Haryana. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 49 (3), 2015:405-408.
- S. Jadoun (2019). Gender Mainstreaming through Livestock Preneurship. Indian Journal of Extension Education. 55 (2):61-69.
- S. Jadoun, S. K. Jha, Pragya Bhadauria and Rajiv Kale (2014). Marketing Pattern of Murrah Buffaloes among dairy farmers affected by Integrated Murrah Development Scheme of Haryana. Indian Journal of Dairy Science. 67(06) 2014; 541-546.
Members of Professional Societies
- Lifetime membership of “Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity” (Membership No. SOCDAB-706).
- Lifetime membership of “Society for Community Mobilization for Sustainable Development” IARI New Delhi.
- Lifetime membership of “Animal Nutrition Society of India” e.f. from Sept. 2017 (Regn. No.420, dated; 06-09-2017).
- Lifetime membership of monthly “Vigyanak Pashu Palan Magazine” of GADVASU (Sept. 2017).
- Lifetime membership of “Society for Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension” (SVAHE) (Membership No. LM-SVAHE-38).
- Lifetime membership of “Society of Extension Education” Agra (Reg. No. 851).
- Life Membership of the “Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture & Technology (SSDAT)” Meerut (U.P), (Receipt No.1566, dated: 28.10.18).
- Life Membership of the “Society for Advancement of Human and Nature (SADHNA)” Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry Nauni, Solan-173 230 (Himachal Pradesh) (Registration No: LM#3356, Dated: 28.12.18).
- Life Membership of the “Indian Society for Buffalo Development” GADVASU, Ludhiana (Registration No. LM-824)
- Life Membership of the “Academy of Livestock Development and Extension Society” Hisar (Registration receipt No. 09, Book No:01)
- Membership of Punjab State Veterinary Council (Reg. No. Pb. SVC/3232).
- Membership of “Veterinary Council of India”, (Reg. No.V.C.I/ 003360).
- Lifetime membership of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Teachers Association (GADVASUTA) (Reg. No. 380).
|S. No.||Title of research project||Duration (Years)||Funding agency||PI/Co-PIs|
|1||Farmers’ First Project||4||ICAR||Co-PI|
|2||Recognition Prior Learning (RPL) Project on Skill Registry for Dairy Farmers||2||NSDC||Co-PI|
|3||Establishment of Rural Innovation Center||3||PSCST||Co-PI|
|4||STRENTHENING OF Directorate of Extension Education||3||ICAR-ATARI||PI|
|5||Skill Development Training for Dairy Farmer/Entrepreneur||1||ICAR-ATARI||PI|
Honours and Awards
|1.||Received Young Scientist Award from Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture and Technology, Meerut (U.P) during three days International Conference on “Global Research Initiatives for Sustainable Agriculture & Allied Sciences (GRISAAS-2018)” during 28–30 October, 2018 at Rajasthan Agriculture Research Institute (RARI), Durgapura, Rajasthan.|
|2.||Received “Young Achiever Award, Plaque and Citation for the year 2018” from Society for the Advancement of Human and Nature (SADHNA) during National Seminar on ‘Doubling Income through Sustainable and Holistic Agriculture’ dated; 5-7 June 2019 at Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry Nauni, Solan Himachal Pradesh, India.|
|3.||Received Young Scientist Award from Indian Society of Extension Education (ISEE), New Delhi during the National Seminar on “Socio Digital Approaches for Transforming Indian Agriculture” going to be held at Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCS HAU) Hisar, Haryana from November 20-22, 2019.|
|4.||Received “Excellence in Extension Award-2020” from Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture and Technology, Meerut (U.P) during International Conference on “Global Research Initiatives for Sustainable Agriculture & Allied Sciences (GRISAAS-2020)” during 28–30 December, 2020.|
|5.||Best Oral Presentation Award for the paper on ‘Consumer feedback survey regarding dairy health products’. Authored: Y.S Jadoun, Gopal Sankhala and Pragya Bhadauria (2017). 2nd National conference on Technological interventions for Sustainable Livestock Production (SVAHE-2017), 10-12 April 2017, SKUAST-Jammu (J&K).pp; 84, VAE/O-09 (30011701).|
|6.||Received “Scientist of the Year Award” for outstanding contribution in the field of Veterinary Extension from ‘Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture and Technology (SSDAT)’, Meerut (U.P) during three days International Web Conference on “Innovative and Current Advances in Agriculture & Allied Sciences (ICAAAS-2021)” during 19-21 July, 2021.|
|7||Best Poster Presentation Award in ANSICON-2022. Organized by Animal Nutrition Department, GADVASU Ludhiana.|
|8.||Received prestigious “NAVS Membership Award” from National Academy of Veterinary Sciences, New Delhi, India during 20th Convocation-cum-Convention held at Nagpur Veterinary College, MAFSU, Nagpur (M.H.) Dated; 20-21 June 2022.|
|9.||Received “Innovative Extension Educationist Award” from ‘Society for Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension (SVAHE)’, during 4th National Conference of SVAHE on on “Pluralistic Approaches for Livestock Development-An Extension Call” organized by Department of VAHEE, CoVS, CSKHPKV, Palampur held during 6-8 May, 2022.|