|Name||:||Dr. Savita Kumari|
Department of Veterinary Microbiology
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Area of specialization:
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Savita, Kusumakar AL and Malik YPS (2007). Prevalence of diarrheagenic Escherichia coli and Salmonella among poultry in Madhya Pradesh. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 77(10):933-936.
- Savita, Kusumakar AL and Malik YPS (2008). Co-occurrence of avian rotavirus and bacterial pathogens in diarrheic poultry. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 78(5):478-479.
- Savita, Kusumakar AL, Malik YPS, Minakshi and Prasad G (2008). Detection and characterization of group A and D avian rotaviruses in India. Indian Journal of Biotechnology 7(10):554-556.
- Kusumakar AL, Savita, Malik YPS, Minakshi, Prasad G (2010) Genomic diversity among group A rotavirus from diarrheic children, piglets, buffalo and cow calves of Madhya Pradesh. Indian Journal of Microbiology 50(1):83–88.
- Kumari S, Anjay, Kumar M, Kaushik P, Kumari S and Kumar P (2019) Detection of rotavirus in diarrheic bovine calves by RNA-PAGE. Journal of AgriSearch, Special Issue 6: 131-134.
- Research Articles:21
- Popular article :08
- Radio /TV Talk : 05
Members of Professional Societies:
- Bihar Veterinary Council, Patna.
- Indian Association of Microbiologists, Immunologists and Specialists of Infectious Diseases (IAVMI)
- Life member for Society for upliftment of Rural Economy (SURE), Varanasi, India.
- Life member for Society for Promotion of Farm & Companion Animals, Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna
- Life member for Society for Immunology and Immunopathology.
Completed Research Projects:
|Title of research project||Duration||Funding agency||PI/Co-PIs|
|1||Detection of Rotavirus in Diarrhoeic calves in and around Patna..||2 year
|BAU Sabour, Bhagalpur||PI|
Honours and Awards:
- Dr. Anjan Reddy’s Merit Scholarship in B.V. Sc. & A.H.
- Best paper award for paper on Epidemiology and genetic diversity of rotavirus strains associated with acute gastroenteritis in bovine, porcine, poultry and human population of Madhya Pradesh, Central India, 2004–2008 (Authored by Malik YS, Kumar N, Sharma K, Sharma R, Kumar HB, Kusumakar AL, Kumari S, Shukla S and Chandrashekar KM (2013) Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences. 1 (4): 111 – 115.
- Third Best Oral Presentation on “Detection of rotavirus in diarrheic calves”, paper presented at 2nd National seminar on Current Trends in Life Sciences (CTLS-2017) at central University of south Bihar, Patna during 20-21st February, 2017.
- Best poster award for “Molecular detection of Shiga toxin producing E. coli from clinical cases of bovines” presented by Md. Armanullah, Anjay, Pankaj Kumar, Savita Kumari, Sudha Kumari, Manikant Sinha, P. Kaushik and Ajeet Kumar during National conference on Livelihood and Food Security (LFS-2018) organized by Society for Agriculture Innovation and Development, Ranchi and Bihar Veterinary college, Patna, at Bihar Veterinary College, Patna, 27-28 January, 2018.
- Women Scientist Award-2017 by Society for upliftment of Rural Economy, Varanasi, India
- Adarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar, 2020 by Global Management Council