|Name||:||Dr. Gargi Mahapatra|
|Address||:||Assistant Professor cum Junior scientist
Department of Livestock Products Technology
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Area of Specialization:
- Milk Science
- Dairy Science
- Heavy Metal analysis in Meat and Meat Products and Function Foods.
Five best research articles
- Gargi Mahapatra, S. Biswas and R. Banerjee (2021). Improving the quality and shelf-life of chevon meatballs by incorporating fruit and fruit by-products. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. ISSN no. 0367-8318. Accepted, t to be published.
- Gargi Mahapatra, S. Biswas, G Patra and D Bhattacharya. (2020). Improving Shelf-Life of Raw Pork and Pork Meatballs by Starfruit (Averrhoa Carambola) Powder Supplementation. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 90 (1): 74–79.
- Mahapatra, S. Biswas, G. Patra and A. K. Vidyarthi. (2019). Enhancement of Storage, Stability, Textural Profile, Physico- Chemical Parameters and Sensory Attributes of Chevon Meatballs by Guava Powder Incorporation. International Journal of Bio-resource and Stress Management. 10 (4):346-351.
- Mahapatra and S. Biswas. (2019). Fruit Powder as Natural Preservatives for Raw Chevon. International Journal of Bio-resource and Stress Management. 10 (3):276-281.
- G. Mahapatra S. Biswas, D. Bhattacharya and G. Patra. (2019). Residual Level of Chromium, Copper and Manganese in Soil and Water of N-24 Parganas (West Bengal) and Its Relation to Chevon Quality. International Journal of Bio-resource and Stress Management. 10 (2): 141-145.
||:||08 (7 as Principal Author and 01 as co-author)|
||:||-33 PPT (BASU website) and 30 lectures videos (BASU YouTube channel)|
Membership of Professional bodies
- Registered under West Bengal Veterinary Council (W.B.V.C.), India.
- Registered member of the Indian Meat Science Association (I.M.S.A.), India.
- Registered lifetime member of the Alumni Association Bihar Veterinary College, India.
- Registered lifetime member of the Indian Journal of Agrisearch under the Society for Upliftment of the Rural Economy (S.U.R.E.), Varanasi.
- Core-Member of the Executive Committee of “Society for Promotion of Farm and Companion Animals” (S.P.F.C.A.), BASU, Patna.
- Awarded INSPIRE “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research” fellowship from the Department of Science and Technology (D.S.T.) of Government of India. for pursuing full time doctoral (Ph.D.) program.
- Qualified ICAR’s (Indian Council for Agricultural Research) All India Senior Research Fellowship (PGS) – 2013 examination. Provided by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
- Qualified ICAR’s (Indian Council for Agricultural Research) National Eligibility Test (NET), Government of India.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) – C certificate. Under the National Service Scheme/ Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Government of India.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) – B certificate. Under the National Service Scheme/ Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Government of India.
- Best paper presentation award in an international seminar conducted by the Indian Meat Science Association (IMSA) at Kolkata, 2018, West Bengal, India.
- Third Prize in poster presentation in an international symposium conducted by the Indian Meat Science Association (IMSA) at Palampur, 2019, Himachal Pradesh, India.