|Name||:||Dr. Suchit Kumar|
Department of Livestock Farm Complex
Bihar Veterinary College,
Patna – 800014 (India)
Area of Specialization:
- Y chromosome diversity in indigenous breed of cattle
- Molecular work
- Association studies of genetic variant with milk production and its composition traits
Five best Research articles:
- Suchit Kumar1 , Indrajit Ganguly*, Sanjeev Singh, Monika Sodhi and Mukesh Bhakat1. Y-chromosome variation in Indian native cattle breeds and crossbred population. Indian J. Anim. Res., 51 (1) 2017: 1-7
- Suchit Kumar1 , Anupama Mukherjee2*, Alok Kumar Yadav2 , Prajwalita Pathak3 and Saleem Yousuf2. Effect of non-genetic factors on milk production performance and composition traits in Sahiwal cattle. Indian J Dairy Sci. 73(6): 2020, 1-7
- Indrajit Ganguly 1 *, C. Jeevan2, Sanjeev Singh1, S. P. Dixit1, Monika Sodhi1, Ashish Ranjan2, Suchit Kumar2 & Anurodh Sharma1. Y-chromosome genetic diversity of Bos indicus cattle in close proximity to the centre of domestication. Scientific Reports | (2020) 10:9992 | https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-66133-3
- Prajwalita Pathak*, Anupama Mukherjee, Vivek Kumar Nayak, Suchit Kumar, Shabahat Mumtaz And Alok Kumar Yadav. Association of genetic polymorphism in leptin gene with growth, reproduction and production traits in Sahiwal cows. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences., 90 (8): 114–117, August 2020/Article.
- * Prajwalita Pathak, Anupama Mukherjee, Shabahat Mumtaz and Suchit Kumar. Relationship between polymorphisms of leptin gene with growth, fertility and milk production traits in Sahiwal cows. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. Vol. 19, April 2020, pp 118-124
Members of Professional Societies
- Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity (SOCDAB).
- Indian Society of Animal Genetics and Breeding (ISAGB)
- Alumni BVC
- ICAR-JRF for MVsc
- RGNF (UGC) Fellowship for PhD Programme.